Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chocolate and Celery...Yum!


Celery is hands down my favorite SU color, a close second being the rich brown of Chocolate Chip. For the Card Sketch Challenge on SCS I decided to enduldge in using my favorite colors and my freshly mounted stamp set from the Spring Mini.

Here are the highlights of this card. I used the Au Chocolate patterned papers from the mini and took my marker to it. Because the background in dark, you can use a brayer or marker to make custom color combos. How cool is that? So you might notice I have little celery swishes but left the tiny dots vanilla.

My other favorite thing to do lately is embossing with Crystal Clear over a freshly stamped image in classic ink. I thought it dried too fast but Erica showed me I was wrong. After you stamp just quickly pour the EP over the image and heat set! Both of the flowers on this are embossed and you can see a little of the texture and shine it adds in the photo.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is just beautiful. I love where you placed the sentiment.

AJ said...

This card ROCKS!!! WOWEE! LOVE IT!