Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Favorite Card


There was a thread on SCS about what your favorite card you've made is. For me this was a no brainer. This Best Fishes card I did here is something that I just love. I had a vision in my head of fish in a stained glass looking world created by over lapping bubbles. This was the perfect chance to use the Gamsol and Prisma Color Technique.


I started with a 4 x 5 1/4 peice of white cardstock and then randomly stamped the fish in classic black ink. I then hauled out my supplies from my days in design school and found my circle template. I traced on various circles with a black journaling pen until I was happy. Then it was time to get to work. Every single bit of this card front was lovingly swirled with my little paper stump until the colors were blended to my hearts desire. I picked an ambitious project for my first attempt at this technique.


When I finished I was so proud I raced to show my husband. I thought I might send it in for a shot at publication since I couldn't recall seeing anything like it before. But as happens with all my favorite stuff...I couldn't part with it. So here it sits on my corkboard in my craft room. It's kind of an odd theme so I'm never tempted to give it in a pinch as a Birthday card. I wonder what the fate of this card will be. For now I'm happy to hang onto it.


Tell me what your favorite paper crafted item you've made is and even throw in a link if you're willing!

6 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome...you should be proud!

Ruth said...

What a fun card! My friend's 8 year old daughter recently threw a 1st birthday party for her beta fish and had her friends bring their fish to "celebrate." This would be a good card for that kind of party. :) BTW, thanks for the note on my foodie blog! For my recipes with pictures, if you click on the picture it will take you to the recipe. The recipe for those bars is at here. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Very cool card. It's got a great style to it!

AJ said...

wowzers!!! That's a super card!! Awesome coloring Sarah!

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this card is awesome

Corie said...

This is beautiful. LOVE it.