Sunday, December 9, 2007

Be Merry


This morning I woke up really early with a lot on my mind so doing the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS was the perfect distraction and thing to wake me up before the weekly grocery shopping.

LilLuvsStampin is the FS today and she is so sweet, and a great stamper too. I fell in love with this card and decided to case it.

I used a blender pen to color in the berries, stems, and leaves with a pale wash of color. After that was down I went back and added full strenght ink to the images to create shadow and contrast.

On her orginal card she has outlined the images in gel pen which was something I've never seen before and I love the look. I thought the gel pen would be too much of a contrast for my card because they are outline images instead of solid. I softened it up a bit by adding white craft ink to my blender pen and then drawing on random parts of the stem.

5 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Such a pretty card! And what a great idea to put down a wash of color first and then add more intense color. I've got to try to remember that!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card and case Sarah. Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!!!!

Lastel said...

Very pretty , love the colors you used !

Elaine said...

GORGEOUS!!!