Saturday, February 23, 2008

Patty Purse



Today I was stuck in a design rut and felt like making something that had no practical purpose but was just cute and these came to mind. I am calling them Patty Purses since it looks like a little purse made out of a peppermint patty. I think these would be very cute as a center piece for a spring crop and then you can invite guests to take one. I will have to file this away to use again at Christmas!





I used my circle punches and scalloped punch for the covers and then attached the ribbon to the back of the disk with a mini glue dot. They were then covered with a healthy amount of snail adhesive and adhered to the patty. So easy and yet so much fun to make!

7 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Adorable. I made something simular for Christmas ornaments. I love your colors and idea to make a center piece. TFS

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Too too cute. And their purpose is for you to let me eat them.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

OMG! How cute are these patty purses? I love the colors and the stamps you used. Simply adorable!

Laura lok said...

cute name and great way to show them off. love patty purses!!!

trulyblessed said...

These are adorable! A "girly" take on the reg. patty sandwiches - great job

Linsey R said...

Sarah, this is WAY adorable! GReat idea for the scallop punch, I love it! AWesome blog, gf! On my faves list asap! Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration! ~Hugs~

klbown said...

These are great! I am going to have to case this idea for a retirement party I have this Sunday. Thanks for the idea. Just too cute!