This morning I went to Beate's blog for a little inspration since I knew she would have the weekend challenge posted. It didn't let me down so off to stamp I went. I needed a baby shower card for this evening so I pulled out my favorite little elephant stamp. This guy is just so cute to me!
I needed the perfect sentiment and went to my stash of rubons. I've had a package of Hedi Swap flocked rubons for nearly a year...it was time to stop hoarding. These are different from most rubons in the fack that the backing (which you rub) is a thick piece of cardstock with a thick layer of flock. You really do need to cut out the word you're using and then I held it up to the window to trace out some of the letters to get an idea of where I was putting this on my project. After you have it in position it's time to rub the snot out of it. And I mean you've REALLY got to rub. I used my bone folder and it was still really hard to get off of there. The paper was actually starting to shred. After all was said and done it looks pretty cool and I like the feel of it.