Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Nathan!


Today is my nephews 3rd birthday and we're planning on celebrating with a BBQ. I needed a quick and simple card (since he doesn't care about the card) to go with his gifts. I logged onto SCS to see who the Featured Stamper was and it's my pal Maren! I'm a huge fan of hers and she is just about the sweetest person you could ever hope to meet. It was easy to find inspration in her gallery!

I cased the layout for this card and changed up my images and colors. It's a 5 1/4 x5 1/4 sized card which is a little larger than I usually make my square cards. I stamped the fun Doodle Factory guy on glossy white paper and colored him in with markers then added a few dots of Sakura glaze pen. I used scrap strips of Cosmo Cricket paper. Then I added the Thickers numbers which had been rubbed on the ink pads to the end of each strip. They will add a fun texture Nathan can touch.

I also wanted to post some magnets I made last night with my soldering kit. I used an old Hertz map from one of Jay's trips to Germany to make magnets for his desk at work. The circle patten is one I drew and then colored with some markers. I covered the backs with a piece of copper cut from a copper adhesive sheet and then wrapped the edges in copper tape. These were fast and fun to make.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Sarah- This is FANTASTIC!! I absolutely LOVE everything about it! You ROCK!!