Friday, July 18, 2008

The perfect day


My husband has planned a day to celebrate my birthday for months. He's kept it top secret, even on the car ride there! We took the day off and he drove me to his office where we parked. A cab was waiting for us and he had a post it note ready to hand to the driver with the address of where we were going.
We pulled up to the Fairmont Olympic hotel and had breakfast. This was special because we pass it each time I drive him into the office. I've commented several times while waiting for the light to change how nice it would be to head there and eat breakfast instead of going to work. it's a beautiful old hotel which has been the definition of luxury for me since I was a kid and brought there for high tea. Breakfast was wonderful!

Then we had a car waiting to take us back to our car. Instead of getting back to our car we walked to the Seattle Glass Blowing Studio and he told me he'd aranged for a private 4 hour lesson! Glass blowing has also been a dream of mine for years. he aranged for me not only to take a class but for us to do it together.
I told him over and over today how much this meant to me but I don't feel like he knows just how special this was. I made him this thank you card to hopefully express that. I'll surprise him with it on his pillow tonight. Last year was a rough one for me and I'm so happy to see that he felt I deserved a great birthday. If today was any indication of what the rest of the year will be like...BRING IT ON!

5 comments:

Erin McKinney said...

How fun!! Happy birthday!

~amy~ said...

WOW! Happy Birthday!!! What a glorious day!! Your husband rocks!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What a fabulous day! I had to head over here and read about it after your email. What a special day, he sounds like a keeper!

Carmen said...

Sweet hubby!!! Happy belated b-day.

AJ said...

Happy Belated Sarah!!
It's so great when hubby's just make your day special!! Looks like fun, and what a fab thing for him to join in on!! Love the card btw- great colors!!