Monday, October 27, 2008

Harvest Flower


I participated in Beate's Weekend Sketch this evening to make this card. I've been so inspired by the beauty of Fall I'm just drawn to those colors when I sit down to stamp. I started by covering this chipboard flower in Pumpkin Pie craft ink but it came out much darker than I hoped. I then touched up the tips of the petals with Summer Sun to bring a little more color in. I sprinkled on Glossy Glaze but because my craft spots were not quite that "juicy" it didn't leave much for the powder to stick to. As I heated it up I thought I would go in for a second coat but I loved the effect once it melted. It looked like drops of water, so much fun! The designer paper is from Basic Gray, I just adore their prints.


I was tagged on my last post by Jacqueline to list 7 things about myself so I guess it's time to do that.

1) I stop by Starbucks before work everyday. I know it's a waste of money but it's my treat for waking up at such an ungodly hour 4:45 am.
2) I have about 10 stamp sets sitting unmounted for the last 6 months (gasp!)
3) My craft room has never been and will never be totally clean and organized.
4) Fall is my favorite season of the year.

5) My guilty pleasure is watching a Lifetime movie on a Sunday afternoon in my pj's.

6) The last album I bought on iTunes was Joshua Radin - Simple Times, love it!

7) For every 4-5 cards I make, only one of those makes it to online posting. I'm a tough critic.

4 comments:

Michelle Wedemeyer said...

Hi Sarah,
I have been enjoying your blog since I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. So much so, I've decided to tag you (gee, aren't you lucky.) See my blog for the details. http://www.michellesrubberroom.com/

Beate said...

Great card, Sarah!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Angie Tieman said...

Very cool effect, I love it! Don't you love it when that happens?! Great card!

AJ said...

this is adorable Sarah! I love the clean look of it!
been thinking about you- hope all is well~