Sunday, January 18, 2009

Be Mine Frame


I woke up this morning and wanted to play the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I was so excited to see it was Lori Craig, but uh oh...how will I chose which card to case since I LOVE her gallery? I decided I'd play a few times which made the picking easier.

I settled on a card with a bird. I loved the layout and wanted to use my Maya Road chipboard birds. Her background had lots of patterned paper and as I dug through my scrap bag I found this plaid. Then I thought about a chipboard heart instead of the bird. Bam... the card went in a totally different direction. I then remembered this paper came in a monthly scrap kit and I might have other paper in there that coordinates better. In the bag I found this alterable frame I'd forgotten all about. Card no more, framed photo here I come.
This photo was taken of us on our private tour of Benzinger Winery on Valentines Day last year. It's not the greatest photo but what is more fitting for this frame?

This was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was cutting the hole for the photo and sliding in the photo (it was super tight!). I used my fiskars paper cutter to make the hole by actually pulling out a ruler and doing the math which is a but much before coffee!

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

This is FABULOUS!! I love your version and everything you mixed together!

Heather P. said...

Love this!