Monday, February 23, 2009

A few techniques






It's been a while since I've posted because I've been spending my weekday evenings at the gym. After sitting all day long it feels great to move around. Here are a few things I made this weekend that showcase copics and a technique I have no idea what you'd call.



First we'll start with the nameless one. For this I stamped the daisy image in memento black. I highly recomend you use this or Stazon and not Stampin' Up Basic Black. The SU black has just too much of a purple tint and doesn't give me the rich black I crave. After you have that stamped simple pick up a little white craft ink with a blender pen and brush on the petals right over the top. After that is finished I took my Sanded BG stamp inked in Sahara Sand and stamped right over everything!
All supplies Stampin' Up! with the exception of the memento black ink.




Here's my second card done with copics. I really love the wide spectrum of colors you get with these markers. I lined the edges of these bottles with a very pale aqua to give the appearance of glass. There's even a touch of shading on what I'm prentending are giant chocolate peanut butter maltballs (mummmm) and the orange slices.
Main image by Unity Stamp Company
All paper and ribbon by Stampin' Up

2 comments:

Renee said...

These are gorgeous cards! Love them :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love the images and colors you chose.

XOXO
Sara