Thursday, June 24, 2010

Return of the laziest blogger!


Hello Peeps! I've returned to blogging after a long vacation. The vacation was really just me dinking around doing other things than the computer but I've missed sharring my work.

Here's a double layout I created for the Scrap n' Book Design team I'm on. The papers are a beautiful selection of sparkly Bo Bunny prints. It was the perfect match for my artsy shots at Buchart Gardens from last spring.
I wanted to talk about my scrapping process a bit since people always ask me where to start. Here it is step by step...
1) Decide what story I want to tell and select photos that go with it
2) Count the photos and consult my Becky Higgin's Sketch book based on how many photos I plan to incorporate into the layout. (Much easier than keeping EVERY Creating Keepsakes issue)
3) Let the photos inspire the colors I'll use and pull what is needed
4) Trim photos and lay them in a loose pattern until I find what works
5) Embelish and journal
The end layout almost always turns out quite different. It's just a road map of where to start and then I make it mine. The best thing about that is you can use the same sketch many times over yet have each page look fresh and new.

No comments: