Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bit of Sunshine


I kept having to remind myself it really is August today. It was cold and gray with some obligatory rain. I'm not complaining because I spent the day canning and that's some hot work. It's nice to have fresh apricots that look and smell like sunshine to work with, without sweating up a storm!

I played along in the CAS challenge over at splitcoast tonight and it's a color challenge. I used Teal, Kraft, and White to create this card with an island vibe. I dug out this Island Blossoms hostess set from SU which hasn't been used in years. It's fun when you can create fresh fun new things with old materials.

I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the flowers just so in two different shades of teal. Cut it out for some pop and then topped with a button that looks like it came off a Hawaiian shirt. I added the sweet little sunshine sentiment from A Muse and called it finished.

Thanks for taking a look!

1 comment:

TesaB said...

It's absolutly beautiful! So clean and crisp. Love this card!