Sunday, December 26, 2010

All about the bow


I played in the CAS color challenge over at splitcoast tonight and made this card. You needed to use brown, kraft, green, and white. I used this cool DP from the Basic Grey Urban Prairie mat pack as the base (4 3/4" x 3 1/2") matted on chocolate chip paper. I wanted to leave a nice wide band of the kraft.

I tide the knot of the wide ribbon and then the jute around the knot and made a bow. I originally intended to secure the jute to the ribbon with a brad button but the ribbon was so thick I don't think I could have fit this into an envelope if I stuck with that plan. Next time I'll go for a lighter weight ribbon as the base.

You could use this layout for any kind of card and all you need is a sentiment! So bust out those unused mat packs I know you have laying around and get to some cards.

1 comment:

Katy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE :) as usual