Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another Reason to Love Copics

This morning I played in the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS and cased the layout of Emily Leipharts card "Take Time to Remember". Since I don't have that image but liked the placement of elements I was going to fake it with some stamped flowers but one thing led to another and I found some white stemmed silk flowers in my hand. I used my copic markers to color every part of these little things. I started with the petals, then the center, and finished off with the stem. The possibilities are endless with these flowers since you can custom color them to fit any project. The color applies beautifully!

I stamped the canvas background onto my focal pannel for some texture and then used a little glue dot behind each flower and one at the base point to attach them. I did learn the hard way that the centers of these flowers WILL crush to a fine powder if you press too hard trying to attach a glue dot to it...ooops! Learn from my mistakes :)

All images and supplies from Stampin' Up! except the bazzill white, copics, and crystal stickers.

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

Elegantly beautiful, and thanks for the tip about being gentle with the petals.