Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Doodle Flowers


Last night before bed I looked through my new issue of Creating Keepsakes and was inspired by a feature on doodles. I loved what the pages looked like and thought I'd take a stab at this on a card before the commitment of a scrapbook page. I used these funky left over puffy things by American Crafts that I had left over from a design team kit. I was never sure what to do with them until now.
I used a fine point sharpie and just started doodling flower stems and leaves around the area I wanted to place the shape. I also drew in the hello and even though I'm not at all happy with it I decided to share the card anyway...because I like everything else. I just did a really simple coloring job on the leaves and stems with two colors of copics, not even trying to blend much. I like the look, reminds me of illustrations in a quirky kids book.
So I challenge you to dig out some weird or left over things laying around your stash and create something doodled. You never know how it might turn out! Please leave a link in the comments so I can see what you create if you take me up on the challenge.

No comments: