Today's CAS Challenge at SCS is to create your own background. I used a super simple yet pretty impressive looking technique.
1) Select any kind of textured neutral cardstock (the texture makes this look even better!)
2) Select 3-4 ink pads with the last color being a deep pigment
3) Begin with the lightest color and drag it across the cardstock until you have the look you want.
4) Continue this starting below the previous color and finishing off with the deep color to the base.
- To keep your fingers cleaner, I lay the cardstock on a splatmat and rub the ink across, expect to need to change the mat after you finish.
- It's important to choose a deep color for the base since it can look muddy towards the end where all the colors have run together, you need something dark to cover this.
For this card I used watercolor paper and the following SU ink pads - Barely Banana, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobler. Image by Stampin' Up! Pins from Making Memories. Card measures 5 1/2 x 3 1/2
Thanks for looking!