Monday, March 28, 2011

Ink Blending Journey


When I saw this tutorial over on the Papertrey Ink blog I had never seen the Tim Holtz ink handle and pads used like that before. I've used mine exclusively for alcohol inks so I wondered if I was missing the boat with blending tools. I used them with my Stampin' Up! inks and found them really difficult to soak into the pad. I like the upright control the handle gives but I think I still prefer using make up sponges. It gives me just a bit more flexibility and a much greater variety of ink on the sponge. I'm glad I tried it and will keep it in mind for future projects when I want a light application of ink. To see more projects with ink blending check out this Mr. Linky List and add your own!


Since I found out last week that my company had been purchased I've been thinking about making cards to give to those I've worked with for years. I'll need a bunch of masculine cards and I loved this quote from the August year of flowers set from PTI. It's the perfect sentiment to leave a message for people as we all continue on with our journey.


Paper - Vanilla - (PTI), So Saffron - (Stampin' Up!), Designer Paper - Social Club (Cosmo Cricket), Inks - Old Olive, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!), Images - August, Year of flowers collection (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

Renee said...

Love it!
I love the colors...
and your blending is fantastic!

Lisa H. said...

THIS is gorgeous. loooove the colors and buttons.

Sara said...

Really beautiful card. The yellow really makes it pop.

j4gill said...

Love this card! You do such an incredible job.

Rebecca said...

This is a great card. What a nice gesture for all your coworkers!

GradysMom said...

I really love this one!!

Jill said...

Sarah, your shading is so pretty and soft--and I love your row of buttons!

Inkyfingers said...

Great shading Sarah and this will make a fantastic card for a guy.

Katy said...

funny story...I saw a tutorial from a random card maker lady and saw the handle so I went and bought the alcohol ink stamper with the thin pads and did it at home. LOOKED GREAT! you are right it doesn't soak in but i pressed and pressed and you almost don't need much!!

then i saw that they make a completely different style of pad (thicker foam like make up sponged) for that exact purpose!! I bought those instead.

long story short, those don't work as well as the alcohol ink pads!!! lol...

thanks for sharing! beautiful!