Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Scrap Pile

This weekend I busted out some scrap kits I've hoarded for far too long in honor of National Scrapbooking Day. I had been a kit member of a few companies before I accepted a design team position at my local scrapbook store. This meant I was getting a kit a month for free and having to make 3-4 double layouts and projects a month. There was no time to use up those kits I already had on hand! So here I am two (almost 3!) years later busting into these and making use of the supplies.

I created several pages this weekend and since the materials were all so old I gave myself permission to USE IT! It's far too old to be submitting to any publications so why not have fun and make use of techniques that really are material hogs.

I ended up with this bit of patterned paper scrap and decided to play off the leaf pattern. I cut out the same leaves on another piece of the sheet and did a little off the page layering. It's been liberating allowing myself to just use up product with no requirements on number of projects that need to come out of it or must use materials! I need to stop the hoarding and do this more often. No matter how much I "love" that paper, there will be a new release just around the corner that I'll like as much if not more.

1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

I totally agree Sarah! Go for it! I love your use of colour here and that fab over-lapping Orla Kiely style leaf.