Monday, May 30, 2011

We Salute You!


Today I dedicate this post to all the Service Men and Women who have paid the ultimate price for freedom. I also say thank you to their family and friends who have paid a huge price as well.
Link
I have spent my crafting time this weekend gathering up cards to donate to Hero Mail. I have 50 so far and plan to host a craft night dedicated to making more in the near future. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I was able to pull 50 cards that measured up to the criteria without making a dent in my stash. I make so many cards yet send so few out this is a great solution and cause to donate to.

All images are from A Muse (part of the bundle I was able to score at 50% in their store closeout). I used copics and a white colored pencil to color the banner. I dotted each flag with silver stickles and added bakers twine by drawing a thin line of glue and laying the twine on top.

2 comments:

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Beautiful card and worthy cause. I love the Stickles on the banner, they really pop.

Emily Leiphart said...

Amazing. I love it!