Sunday, February 3, 2013

Background Challenge


Yesterday I found myself with a little time to kill in my old hood so I stopped by my favorite local scrapbook store that I miss going to quite a bit. I checked out their latest shipments from the CHA show and came across some templates. The camera template spoke to me the most and I was up for the challenge of discovering a new tool. I haven't seen a template like this since the 90's when people did this to their walls. This was perfect for jumping into the Background Challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

I broke out my long neglected finger sponge daubers and set to work on a blank piece of white cardstock to see what I could do. I assigned each camera a color to start. After I was happy with the pattern I wanted to try adding a little mist. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of mists since I get frustrated at the lack of control I have when using them. This mask really helped prevent me from having too heavy a hand on the trigger...its' forgiving. I like the slight shine it added. I also played with sequins and mixing buttons and gems. Overall I'm happy with the cheerful fun card. Now go break out of your comfort zone and give this challenge a try!
 
Stamp from Studio Calico & template is called Picture Perfect.

2 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

Great card....love all the colours...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)