Saturday, February 23, 2013

My New Pima Wood Cuts

I have a thing for the wood cut embellishment trend, I just can't resist them. I treated myself on Valentines Day to two sets from Pima; one of houses and the other birds. The first card I went super simple and made the house card with a Unity sentiment. I wanted to make the heart on the house red and tried with the tippy tip of my copic but the edge touched the wood and that sucker lapped up the ink like a sponge. Thankfully you can just flip these around ;) I'll be coloring them for other applications.

My second card uses the adorable owl from the bird collection. The images are from Owl's Well by A Muse Studio. The paper is from October Afternoon. I also used a piece of paper packing tape which I stamped circles on as an alternative to ribbon. It was still missing a little something so I added a third pattern with the washi tape and stitched it all together.


Thanks for taking a look!

No comments: