Saturday, June 15, 2013

Scrappy Pattern


I'm really working to clean up my crafting supplies this year and I'm taking a use it or lose it approach. One of my obsessions is the mini mat packs, Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey being my biggest downfalls. I've had some of these sitting around for 4-5 years...no joke. I set out to use them up because there will never be a shortage of new papers I want to buy and before I allow myself to do that I need to clear out some space from the current stock. Besides, it's cramping my washi tape storage and who couldn't use more rolls of that? The Mixy-Matchy Challenge over at Fab Moxie world really inspired me to bust these out and USE that paper!


Mixing and matching papers from these is a no brainer. What better way to use them up than showcase a lot of the papers in one project. I decided to spice it up with some new enamel dots. I started by creating a pattern on scrap paper then cutting each piece out. Stamping over the papers makes the effect seem like it was meant to go together in that way.


Sentiment and woman is from Unity Stamp Company and the zig zag is from A Muse Studio Mad for Plaid set (I use this ALL the time!), papers from Cosmo Cricket - Upcycle, enamel dots from My Minds Eye


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Perfect!
I love those 6x6 pads and have a ton of the older Cosmo Cricket...thanks for the inspiration!

Rose said...

hi Sarah :) found you on Amy's blog today so thought i would come visit.
love your style and way to use up older paper :) i need to do that!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love this scrappy style card, the embelishments are perfect!

Lyndal said...

This is FANTASTIC Sarah - perfect to link up with Moxie Fab World Mix-Matchy Style Challenge too
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/06/the-mixy-matchy-style-challenge.html

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)