Sunday, October 13, 2013

A few quick cards


I finally found a little time to spend in my craftroom creating this weekend. My copy of Handmade Cards from Paper Crafts Magazine arrived and the cards in there really blew me away. There are some seriously inspiring cards in there! One was a washi tape card from Vera Wirianta Yates on page 52.  She covered a panel of paper with washi tape at various angles and then cut it into three panels. Her card is bright with fun colored washi tape on a white background. I had to try it and went with my neutral washi tapes in blacks & grays against a vibrant card base.


This second card is ultra simple on a richly textured card base. The houses are paper pieced with scraps from my PB&J Basic Grey mat pack. The thin blue outline inside the box helps this pop from the rest of the card a bit.