Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ultimate Faux Shaving Cream

Big Blossom has to be the best ever stamp for the Faux Shaving Cream Technique. You can acheive a great look by swirling just one color of ink. In this sample I'm going to show you how to do a duel color pattern with Kissing.

1) First I've inked up the stamp with Cool Caribean and now I'm edging parts of the petals with Taken with Teal.


2) Then you'll take a smaller stamp and swirl it around to blend the inks. Just a twist will work wonders.
3) Now it's time to let the stamps kiss. I've inked up the stamp I used to swirl in Vintage Violet ink and am stamping it directly onto the rubber. It's important not to swirl any more to keep your colors from getting muddy.

The finished card...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like the colors you used on this! Thanks for sharing your blog address in the SCS gallery....

Sew Club said...

Very pretty! I like the "charm" you have hanging from the ribbon.