Monday, August 27, 2007

The make up card


So after you send your friend the card about her purse not matching her shoes, you make up with this card.

I had to give today's Tech Challenge on SCS a try. Embossing on glossy first with clear powder then stamping over in versa creates a double ghost. The EP covered pieces will be the most vibrant and then the versa stamped images are a shade darker. It's a really fun technique and this would be a great effect to use on snowflakes. Good thing I'm blogging this so I can remember to try that later this year.

I always seem to forget Versa ink will give you a subtle resist on glossy. Its because the ink is oily and it partially saturates the paper so it can't hold as much ink as the rest. I've only tried this a few times and this was a first combining with emboss resist. the two are a perfect match.

No comments: