Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Star Light, Star Bright


So yesterday's card was a dud, I decided to take a bolder approach today with thick layers of embossed chipboard..ooohhh, aaaahhh (I can hear you now).

I used the color challenge on SCS as my guide and challenged myself to "make it work" with Celery, Bashful Blue, and Basic Gray. Do you think Tim Gunn would approve that I made it work?

The Chipboard for the small star was covered by smooshing into a Celery craft pad then coated with clear embossing powder. The large star was also smooshed into white craft ink thinking I'd have white show through where I didn't have coverage but I guess I did a good job of smooshing because you can't see anything through the silver. I used my Crop A Dile to punch through the small star and then added the bling brad.

I've been working to use up my Christmas Designed SU paper from last year. I'm a hoarder and it's time to just use it!

No comments: