Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Green Flowers?


Who says you can't make green flowers? Today's Color Challenge on SCS was Celery, Old Olive, & Summer Sun.


I've been making Christmas cards like mad so I thought I would change things up a bit and make a birthday card. It really is for Christmas in a way since it will be a gift to someone. I found these cool plastic boxes at Paper Zone that hold about 6 embelished cards and envelopes. They look so slick when you pop the cards in there. It's perfect for gift giving. I have to post one of these filled this week so I can show you.


I started with a strip of white 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 then stamped the three flowers. with the Build A Brad in the center there's no need to color anything but the petals so it saves you a little work. I then matted this on old olive and attached a strip of grosgrain for some added texture. Overall a VERY simple card but one I think someone would be thrilled to receive.

No comments: