Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dotted Flowers




Here's another one of the 5 cards I'll be featuring at my Feb Stamp A Stack. The bottom pannel allows for interchanable sentiments to keep the two cards everyone will be making with this layout different.


This card features some of my favorite techniques - Daubing and embossing with the Cropadile. Yes the Cropadile can punch through just about anything with ease, set eyelets in a snap with no sound, but it can emboss too! Just pretend your closing an eyelet and you'll be left with a a nice raised polkadot. It's especially fun on the transperancy. This is one of those cards when you see it in real life you have to touch it. The plastic protects your stamped art, adds shine, and the nice sensory element of feeling bumps. Heck, if I knew brail I'd punch out a message with my cropadile!


I started by stamping the Doodle This flowers with Basic Brown. Then came the finger daubers with Yoyo Yellow and Blush Blossom. After those were filled I outlined and dotted the petals with Guava ink and a blender pen. This card goes together in a flash and is so cheery, I think its a keeper.


I realize this officially cuts me off of anymore flowers for the SAS, thats three cards using flowers! I don't think of myself as a girly girl but wow do I use a lot of flowers with my stamping, I can't get enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent card for a stamp a stack.. I love how shiny it is... very clever. Great blog!

Lisa said...

What a great card! Very cheery for our winter weather!

Unknown said...

OOOoooh, I love this! How *Spring-y* and cute!