Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Everything


I've been running around like a crazy person for the last week...aaack! It's finally winding down this evening. We're almost finished packing for our little get away. We leave for Sonoma early tomorrow (about 4:00 am to be percise). I used the Sketch Challenge from this week for inspration to create a quick V-Day card for my husband. I just mounted this set last night and it came in the nick of time. The sentiment that comes with this set is just perfect for a V-Day card, it expresses what I want to say to a T. It' s been a rough year and it's just proven to me once again I married my soulmate. Anyway enough with the mushy stuff and onto the stampin talk!


This card is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 since it fits the square envelopes I have. The extra 1/2 inch from my usual size gave me room for bigger pannels. I used my stamp a ma jig to do the sentiment stamps. I wanted those two lined up perfect and I sure couldn't have done it without that tool!

I also broke into my new sytled silver HPH that will be in the next mini catalog. The brad says genuine and I couldn't think of a better use. I love the goodies in that kit!

I have to say I'm disapointed in how the bird turned out. I tried stamping in versa then classic ink to make it more sticky but found it didn't allow me to pick up enough ink for a nice even dark Not Quite Navy bird. I thought craft ink would distort the detail so next time I'm going back to using just a juicy classic pad and then quickly pouring on the EP!


Thats it folks, I've got to get myself to bed. I will be back in a few days to post new creations with my huge order of new goodies! I also finally received the last few things I wanted to include in my blog winners cards and the grand prize box. these are going to be mailed on Saturday. Sorry about the delay but I promise it's worth the wait ;)


Happy Valentines Day to you all this Thursday!

4 comments:

Diane Doran said...

I saw your card on SplitCoast and am glad I checked out your blog. It's a wonderful card!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card. Love the color combo. I like the way the bird turned out. :)

dawnmercedes said...

great colors...I just got this set...can't wait to ink it up!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I love what you did with this set and it just makes me want it more.