Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fridge Calendar


I had a great stamping weekend! The Stamp A Stack was a blast on Saturday and I had fun cleaning my craft room up on Sunday. I also had fun making the congrats cards for my blog candy winners. In my cleaning I found these tiny calendars I picked up at Impress and had planned to give out at the SAS but totally forgot.


The base of this is a chipboard piece that I covered with a sheet of the Basic Gray Infuse mat pack paper. I then distressed the Old Olive piece with Close to Cocoa. The branch was stamped in Always Artichoke and was pretty easy to cut out. This came together in about 15 minutes and that includes planning time, it's super simple.

I added magnets to the back so I can pop this onto my fridge.


I also made a trip to Aaron Bothers to pick up some watercolor paper and marker paper. I intend to start using those prisma markers. I saw the sets for sale there and the number of markers I have would cost me over $600 to replace. I was floored. It made me really want to take advantage of them. Shannon Parks has challenged me to create some altered art and it's got me interested. I think I may have to take a stab at it tonight.

5 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

What Beautiful work.....as Always!!! Love this.

Unknown said...

I love this! Where do you come up with these things? You have totally been on a roll latly!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great calendar, love the colors and that designer paper. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can you tell me where you purchased the little calendar? We made calendars last year and I need 2008 2.5" x 3" calendars to go on them. Can you help me find them???? YdenHAYmer@gmail.com (Bethann SU Demo)

Unknown said...

I love those little calendars! I picked some up from Impress back in December and ahve yet to do anything with them. Thanks for posting this great idea! Think I will use as Valentine's Day gifties for my colleagues. :)

Happy Friday
Lindsay
"chaikitty"