Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Bed Page


Here is my finished bed page for my challenge to you all to scrap a bed. I tried a few new things with this layout. Since I've taken Ali Edwards class I've been challenging myself to use a non scrapping item in my layouts or cards. The one used for this was a business card holder. This is holding my title and serves as a pouch for the pull out journaling tag. These can be found at an office supply store and were 10 for 2.99. They are even self adhesive! I used my circle punch to make the nice little scoop at the top and dragged the edges in white stazon (more on that in a minute)

No photoshop? No problem! One of my favorite new tricks is to drag the white stazon pad over the edges of my photos and paper. Sure you can use paint or craft ink to do this but stazon dries in about a minute. I hate waiting for ink and paint to dry. This technique looks especially cool on textured paper. If you do this on a dark color it will look like you've sanded the edges. I did this for one of my artisan award entries which I'll be posting next weekend if I don't win.


The "Our" title is chipboard from Heidi Swap and the "Bed" letters are Thickers which are soft foam. I just thought it was fitting to have stashed for about a year and a half. I thought I would use it for a page about one of my neices but the pattern and edge reminded me of the quilt on my bed. There's no pink in my quilt but thats ok.

If you played in the challenge, please post a link! I want to check it out

1 comment:

AJ said...

Sarah~ this is super! I love it!!
I have my new kit, now I just need time to play with it!!