I have a little challenge for you all. Create a scrapbook page about your bed, your kids bed, even your dogs will do. The point is just to make it about a bed. Don't think you have anything to say about your bed? Below are some questions to get you rolling for jouraling ideas and what spin to take on this.
- What size is your bed? Would you like to change anything about the size?
- Do you have a favorite sheet set?
- What is the perfect combination of blankets for you?
- How often do you change the top blankets or scheme of your bedding? Which is your favorite?
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
- Do you make your bed every day? What is your routine?
- Which side do you sleep on?
- Who or what do you share your bed with?
- Do you like to have the blankets tucked in at the foot of the bed or untucked?
- How long do you spend in it on average each night?
- Do you watch TV from bed or ban it from your sleeping space?
- What would I find on your bedside table?
This was all spurred from me trying to plan a vacation for us in August. We've considered a cruise to Alaska, visit to Hawaii, luxury camping resorts, Mexico, rental house/condo on the ocean or a lake. There are just so many options and I discovered this evening that the deal breaker for me comes down to the bed. Sure there are a lot of other factors that come into play but I'm trying to stick to a budget and I'm not willing to go with a "budget bed". I go on vacation to relax, unwind, catch up on sleep, and spend some quality time with my husband. All that is seriously compromised if I'm not getting good sleep in a good bed. The bar is high which also doesn't help. A few months ago we upgraded from a Queen to a King pillow top Heavenly Bed. and bought nothing less than 400 thread count sheets. I LOVE my bed.
All this got me to thinking about how important it is to me and how fun it would be to scrap this kind of unusual subject but still a key part of everyone's day. I'm going to work on a Bed page this week and post it on Saturday. I challenge you to do the same and link me to what you've created. If you just can't bring yourself to scrap it then at least take a picture and answer some of the questions and link me to that. You might surprise yourself. Imagine how much inspiration you can pull from the patterns and texture on your bedding. Try it!