Monday, October 19, 2009

Got Tunes?


Remember making mixed tapes? That's what I thought of when I looked through the Boyfriend mat pack from Comso Cricket. For my submission to week two of the Torendi Design Team search I made this CD holder using some of that great paper with cassette tapes on it. The idea is to take 10 songs that seem to be in constant rotation on my iPod for Fall and document it. I'll do this for each of the four seasons through next summer and place these decorated albums into a 6x6 album sleeve with a page. I love the idea of combining scrapbooking and music for memory sake, both take me back to a specific time and place...now they are married into one.

I used a sheet of paper cut 12 " x 5 1/2" and scored at 2" & 7 1/4" to make the pocket. I slipped small magnetic closures under the paper of the flap and opening of the pocket to ensure it stays sealed, plus it makes a cool snap sound :) I think using your own hand writing is special so I covered the back with the songs. The other unique thing with this CD jacket is the base of the tag. It's a very thin strip of wood veneere which adds a little something special in real life since the feel of the wood on the tag is unexpected. The CD is decorated with a doodle stamp from Autumn Leaves, stazon ink is perfect for this.

Thanks for looking! If you like this creation please consider voting for me (Sarah Shewell) over at the Torendi blog, I'd love to be in for week 3!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

I just love what you did here! Nice photo collage too! Good luck in the polls this week :) Thank you for submitting!

Jenn said...

What a fab idea to scrapbook the music you are listening to and it turned out adorable!

Good luck and thanks for playing along.