Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sharpies and Rub Ons...who knew!

Today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS is based off ceramic tiles and I wanted to bring the shine of a glaze onto my card. Then I remembered hearing about blending sharpies with the Adirondack alcohol blending solution. I pulled out some rub ons with an outline shape and put them on acetate. Simply flip that over and color with your sharpies on the reverse side. Be sure to leave space between the colors for blending (see photo below). Then apply a little of the solution to a Q-tip and swirl away.

This solution is powerful and will take all the color away with just a little bit. The good news is you can just keep adding more ink if it takes too much. I played with it a bit and started pouncing the Q-tip to make a texture. I liked the look of this rather than a smooth blend this morning.
Now go on and pull those rub ons you haven't used in ages out of a drawer and do it! I know it can't just be me who has these supplies sitting around.


Supplies: rub ons, acetate sheet, sharpies, Tim Holtz Adirondack belending solution, Q-tips

1 comment:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Looks like a fun technique. I would probably stamp an image with stazon instead of using a rub on. Thanks for sharing.