Thursday, January 14, 2010

Easy Peasy Idea Board


This huge scalloped sheet of chipboard came with my supplies for the Scrapin' Book design team this month and I was instantly thinking up ideas. I settled on covering the ends with paper and filling the center with a 12x12 sheet of tin and a 12x6 sheet of adhesive cork. I was in awe my cropadile punched through the fairly thick sheet of tin but it worked like a charm! Then I made matching magnets with the scrap paper. I finished it of with some ribbon to hang it by and random buttons from my button jar.

I think I'm so impressed with this finished product just because of the sheer size. It's way bigger than a card, ha ha ha! Because it's so large it was very hard to photograph and my pictures just don't do it justice but I'll leave a little to your imagination. I'll be making another one soon that has a more grown up color scheme to hang in my craft room. It will be the perfect place to stick things that inspire me.

Chipboard by Daisy Bucket
Papers by My Minds Eye
Tin sheet and cork were found at Ben Franklin

1 comment:

GradysMom said...

Really cute idea. I have a big magnetic board in my kitchen...to hold coupons, notes etc. For Christmas I got 12 magnetic tins I filled with my spices and labeled the fronts. This could work for that purpose too