Sunday, January 10, 2010

Making DP Work for YOU!


I have a package of Designer Paper from Stampin' Up! in a previous years "In Colors". This has me in a tough spot because I no longer have or can buy matching paper or inks. For this card I paired it with white, which everybody has, and used images within the paper design. I cut out the rose from one sheet as if it were a stamped image and then used another sheet in the same pink for the background.

I wanted the rose to stand out so I had in mind to emboss it. The first try I mixed two kinds of powder for a sparkle effect and it came out blackish. I thought I must had burned the EP. On my second shot with just clear it still came out with a burnt look and I discovered it was the dark pink on the back side of the paper showing through. The embossing powder had almost "wet" the paper when it was heated to make it show through. I never expected this but it was a good lesson. The third time was the charm. I did no embossing powder and went straight for the tube of stickles to highlight just a few petals.

Thanks for looking!
All supplies by SU with the exception of the Stickles.

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!