Monday, November 15, 2010

Cool Christmas


Here's a Christmas card using cool colors. I took this embossed snowflake sticker and added tiny crystals and silver balls to make it really special. Adding that to some matted circles makes for a super easy and eye catching focal point. I used a scrap of some ledger paper print for the background and it's almost as if you assume it's plaid since it's a Christmas themed card...but nope, it's not!

I used my sponge makeup wedge for the edging because I find it gives me the smooth and controlled look I want most often. I love how it adds that little extra, almost as if it's another layer.
Stamps - Paper Trey Ink

3 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

The ledger paper is an excellent touch without having to buy a whole new sheet of xmas paper. An excellent way of using those crafty fads. Bling always dresses everything up so perfectly doesn't it?

Katy said...

love love love!

KER said...

wonderful papers you chose...i really like the style of this card