Friday, February 11, 2011

1st of the Rejects



Today I was on pins and needles waiting to hear if any of my projects submitted to Paper Crafts special issue of Stamp It! would be accepted. There were 1800 cards submitted with only about 260 slots so I knew it was going to be tough. I was elated to hear I'd made the cut but there are always some that don't. No matter the outcome, submitting gives you a challenge and you end up creating things you may not otherwise have. This card seemed to be fitting of the way I was feeling today, and just so happens to be one of my favorite that was submitted.


I stamped the ruler image and then sponged the edges in So Saffron to age it a bit. I colored and then painstakingly cut out that cute but tiny little pin cushion and mounted it to the circle. The foam adhesive I put on the circle turned out to be the perfect thing to stick some pins (from my very own pin cushion) into.

All images except sentiment by Stampin' Up!, sentiment by Hero Arts, designer paper from Cosmo Cricket Material Girl mat pack.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Man, this card is genius!!! I love that all the elements are stamped! Pure genius! Thank you for sharing!