Saturday, July 28, 2012

Celebrate


I love playing along with Trigger Tuesday since they nearly always inspire me. I really try to challenge myself to capture the spirit of the photo and not duplicate something exactly. While I LOVE pennants and this is really what makes the photo I wanted to challenge myself to try something else but similar. I kept the clean background and then used scraps of paper strips to create banners clipped with my square punch the length of the card. Then I added a yellow crystal to the end of each for that little something extra. I toyed with the idea of adding bakers twine somewhere in there, maybe draped across the top but in the end went with "Less is More". Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies - image by Papertrey Ink, Not Quite Navy ink from Stampin' Up!, paper from the Basic Grey PB&J line.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the strips of Patterned paper!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Very cool, love the combo of patterned papers!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Chunyuan said...

love the long banners on the white. congrats on your win.

Helen F. said...

OH how fabulous, Sarah! Great card ~
Congrats on your MFW-TT win :)

Chrissy Larson said...

Great card, Sarah! Congrats on the Tuesday Trigger win!

Linda Beeson said...

What a great idea, you could make that with about any combination of patterns and it would always look cute.

Robin K. said...

Congrats on your win! Love that you went with a different type of banner in your design!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous banner Sarah - FAB card & CONGRATS on your TT win :)