Saturday, June 1, 2013

Card for the Kiddos


I submitted two cards to the Gallery Idol contest and wanted to share my favorite submission here on my blog. I came up with this idea after seeing all the cool cards (store bought) my son received for his birthday last weekend. Many of them included stickers and fold out sections for him to color. Being that cards are close to my heart I was really interested in a way to make a child enjoy a card a bit more.

I dug out some paper many years retired from Stampin' Up! that was line drawings. I forgot all about it until I was searching for newer kid line images in my stamps (which turns out I don't own). This couldn't be easier because you just slap something kids can color onto a card front. Washi tape is also the star of the show because it adds a design element while providing a huge amount of function since it holds the crayons. If you haven't worked with washi tape before it's important to note it's VERY forgiving. You can pull that stuff on and off your card without having any damage to your paper, most of the time.

I can't wait to give this card to a kid and plan to make several more to have on hand! Thanks so much for the visit, I hope you have an awesome day.

Supplies: Images, paper, and ink from Stampin' Up! (all retired). Washi tape is from Doodlebug Designs.

No comments: