Sunday, June 2, 2013

Feather Weather Trigger


When I saw this weeks Trigger over at Moxie Fab World I remembered this fabulous designer paper I picked up a week or so ago at a little stamp shop near my house. It's one of those papers I fell in love with when I saw it. In my effort NOT to hoard supplies I was inspired to use it. And use it I did because I created a set of 6 cards just like the one below to make sure the scraps did not sit in my stash for years.


I went ultra simple and predictable with the layout because I wanted the pattern to be the star of the show. I added a simple sentiment banner and Pima wood veneer bird which was colored with copic marker.

Thanks so much for the visit!
Supplies: Charcoal paper from the Paper Zone, Authentique - Flourish designer paper, Sentiment from Stampin' Up! Pima bird.

5 comments:

Helen F. said...

Lol! I'm trying hard to use up ALL of my pretty designer paper too, Sarah! It's soooo hard :)
Love your card and that beautiful DP, so happy you were able to part with it:)
Ohhh and the little wood bird looks fab painted!

~amy~ said...

wow...this is fabulous...love that paper and that sweet bird!

Jacquie Southas said...

Perfect paper to use & the little bird is in jsut the right spot - great card!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card! The paper is so pretty and I love the sweet little bird! Lol I can relate to not using some of my pps so well done to you for making a set of cards using this pretty paper!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love it! Great take on the inspiration photo!