Sunday, August 18, 2013

Floral Smile


I'm playing along in two challenges on this sunny Seattle Sunday. I've based my sketch off the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge which inspired me to use the long and narrow bottle image. I've been thinking about how to execute this sketch for a few days in once I read the CAS Sunday challenge about getting floral it came to me...flowers!


I stamped the bottle image on glassine paper and let it dry for 24 hours then cut it out. I really like the subtle color change in the blossoms that are behind it. The flower base is stamped in Barely Banana and the centers are Summer Sun from Stampin' Up!. After getting the sentiment banner on there it still seemed naked so I added a few enamel dots for a little something special. Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies: Flower and Bottle images from Studio Calico, inks - Stampin' Up!, Sentiment - A Muse Studio, Glassine paper, and My Minds Eye enamel dots.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Sarah, your card is so fresh and pretty!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how the flowers are floating behind the jar. It has such a light and airy quality. Great card!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS, Miss Lady!!! :)

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely wonderful Sarah, love love love those funky flowers and that cute milk bottle!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

~amy~ said...

Super sweet...the blooms are the perfect addition!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! Love those yummy yellow flowers! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, this is fab, Sarah. Great colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday! Luv, Wilma

Chrissy Larson said...

Very pretty!

maria f. said...

Adorable.

anja curvers said...

Such a great card love it.thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Inge said...

Love your card and colors. Yellow! Thanks for joining CAS on Sunday!