Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pigment Ink and Wood


For the most recent round of submissions for a Paper Crafts Magazine special issue featuring supplies I really pushed myself to use supplies in new ways to me. I've had a thing for wood veneer embellishments and usually use them "naked" because I like the look. I've occasionally stamped them but this time I experimented with pigments inks and I LOVED the results. Unlike water based inks, it doesn't stain the wood but it coats it like paint would. The squishy pigment ink pads are the perfect surface to gently push your embellishments into.


These pieces were my testers and I've finally used them up. I was lucky enough to have the card I made after my test accepted and can't show you that but this is the next best thing. I hope it inspires you to use your supplies in new ways.

I cased my layout from Bon2Stamp as my submission for the Splitcoast Stampers CAS challenge this week. Bon2Stamp is our featured stamper so I hope you join us to play along!

Supplies: Pima wood veneer, A Muse Studio Inks in Grass, Spruce, and Bureno, Mad for Plaid and retired sentiment are also from A Muse Studio

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

looks fabulous and congrats on the pub!