Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm Back!


Where have I been? Well I went to NYC (had a FANTASTIC time) and when I came home I started working crazy hours at my job and then my computer died. I've been without one for a week until today. I'm now typing on my wonderful new keyboard. I just love my new machine so much I've spent my spare time this evening on here and not stamping.


I did get one quick card done that I wanted to share. This was for the Featured Stamper Challenge today on SCS, it was nitestampers gallery on display and wow did I get some insparation.


For this card I started by stamping the large and small flowers in classic ink and then covering just after stamped in clear EP. After heat setting I cut them out and pierced them with a celery brad to keep things together.


The polka dot paper is really vanilla dit but I colored them in with my celery marker. the bg is so dark you don't have to worry about staying in the lines. No one will be able to tell anyway.


The final step was grabing a scrap piece of the celery and stamping my sentiment. I then took the small corner rounder to each end and you wind up with a rounded edge.


It's a pretty simple card that has lots of "stuff" to make it look fancy. It was sure fun to stamp.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Yea, glad you are back!! I know how it is when life takes over!!
Fabulous card, *LOVE* those colors!!