In the spirit of trying to stop hoarding my supplies I jumped head first into rub on's and Basic Gray's Obscure mat pack. This print was obscure alright. You've got missles, a deer, the profile of a woman, code, anf a sundial. The only place those can all cohabitate together in any type of logical story is a dream. So then I remembered I had a Dare to Dream rub on wating to be used for about 3 years. In digging through the rub on drawer I found the Basic Gray funky blossom rub on's.
I gathered them all up and started to create. The paper really had done the work of collage for me and I didn't want to cover it all up so vellum seemed like a good call. I applied the flower and then colored the back with a Ruby Red marker. Then I overlayed the Dream a bit. I also applied clear EP to the torn edge but it doesn't show in the photo.
This funky card is going to be reserve to give an ultra hip friend starting an adventure. I wonder who that will be.
When I finished and showed Jay he said "It's cool! That looks like something Shannon (Parks) would make". And he's right that I was inspired by her Alterations Homework post but this has a ways to go before it's at Shannon level. I have a whole mat pack to play with so maybe I'll get there.