Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Coral, Chocolate, and Olive


Tonight I created two very different cards in the same colors. Kind of my own mini color challenge if you will.

On the Sympathy card I used another long hoarded rub on for the fancy image. This was applied to vellum and colored on the back side with cameo coral and old olive markers. I couldn't get enough yellow to show through my coloring on the back so I used Summer Sun on the front for the flower centers. This was then matted onto Vanilla cardstock. The Sympathy panel was something that was a "mistake" which turned the card in a new direction. After I over applied ink I went crazy on the DTP to make it look intentional...I mean, yeah I was going to do that all along!


The Love card was super easy. I covered the chipboard with my craft stampin spot of Cameo Coral and then glassy glaze embossing powder. I remembered after I'd heated it that this was the same EP used at at stamp camp in which I had copper and the glassy glaze at the station sharring the same embossing tray (smacks forehead) no matter how clean you got that thing some copper still ended up in the glassy glaze...time for some more.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

These cards are breath taking... TFS